Connect with us

Hi, what are you looking for?

Crime news

Minor girl shot to death by her 21-year-old boyfriend just because she wanted to get out of the abusive relationship in which the man threatened to kill her and her grandma

Massachusetts – On what should have been a day of celebration, a family in Massachusetts was left grieving the loss of their 15-year-old daughter, identified as A. Dickey, who was found dead from gunshot wounds just hours before she was supposed to attend her middle school graduation. Her 21-year-old boyfriend, T. Bady, faces multiple charges, including murder, following the tragic event.

The DA’s Office disclosed the harrowing details surrounding the death of Dickey. The young teen was found in a first-floor bedroom of her home on June 14, after she failed to appear at her graduation ceremony, sparking concern among her family members. Her grandmother discovered her lifeless body and immediately contacted the police. The community was shocked to learn about the circumstances leading to the tragedy. Just after midnight on the same day, neighbors reported hearing a female screaming for help, followed by gunshots. These were later confirmed to be the last moments of Dickey’s life, where she reportedly pleaded, “Get off me. Get away from me. I don’t want to be with you anymore.”

Authorities swiftly responded to the incident and pieced together the events leading up to the tragedy. Surveillance footage played a crucial role, showing Bady arriving at Dickey’s residence and leaving shortly after the altercation. Additional reports from an Uber driver, who described Bady as a suspicious passenger, corroborated the timeline of events. Dickey’s relationship with Bady was revealed to be tumultuous and abusive, marred by threats and violence. Two days prior to her death, Dickey reportedly confided in someone that Bady had threatened to kill her and her grandmother.

Bady was arrested on June 17 in Peabody, Massachusetts, without incident. Charged with first-degree murder, armed home invasion, and unlawful possession of a firearm, among other offenses, he pleaded not guilty at his arraignment. The case has attracted significant attention due to the heinous nature of the crime and its timing relative to a significant life event for Dickey.

As the legal process unfolds, the community and Dickey’s family seek justice for the young victim. A GoFundMe page set up to support the family has seen a wave of community support, reflecting the deep impact of the tragedy on the local community. The case continues to develop, with Bady due back in court on July 30 for further proceedings. The prosecution is expected to present a detailed case, given the gravity of the allegations and the evidence gathered. The local community, while still reeling from the shock, hopes for a resolution that brings some measure of justice to the young victim and her grieving family.

Written By


More news

Pine Bluff Today is online local newspaper that covers breaking daily local news and events about the city of Pine Bluff in Arkansas. From local city council meetings, to crime news and other community happenings and news, Pine Bluff Today has you covered.

Copyright © 2024 Pine Bluff Today