Connect with us

Hi, what are you looking for?

Arkansas news

Multi convicted Arkansas felon receives lengthy federal sentence for illegally possessing loaded firearm

Multi convicted Arkansas felon receives lengthy federal sentence for illegally possessing loaded firearm

Little Rock, Arkansas – A multi-convicted felon from Arkansas will spend 15 years in federal prison after authorities discovered a loaded firearm and illegal pills during a traffic stop in Little Rock.

Federal prosecutors announced that Devin Adams, 32, of Alexander, was sentenced to 180 months in prison for being a felon in possession of a firearm. The sentence was handed down by United States District Judge D. P. Marshall Jr., according to Jonathan D. Ross, United States Attorney for the Eastern District of Arkansas.

Court records show Adams previously pleaded guilty on October 29, 2025, to the federal firearm charge listed in a superseding indictment returned by a federal grand jury. In addition to the prison sentence, Judge Marshall ordered Adams to serve two years of supervised release after completing his sentence.

Federal officials noted that there is no parole in the federal prison system.

Traffic Stop Led to Discovery of Gun and Drugs

The case began after officers with the Little Rock Police Department observed Adams driving at a high speed and conducted a traffic stop.

During the stop, officers learned Adams was on probation and had a search waiver on file, allowing law enforcement to search him during the encounter. Authorities said Adams cooperated when officers instructed him to exit the vehicle.

According to investigators, Adams informed officers he had two hydrocodone pills in his pocket before the search began. Officers later recovered the hydrocodone pills along with an oxycodone pill and a loaded Kel Tec P11 9mm handgun from his pants.

Because Adams had multiple felony convictions on his record, he was legally prohibited from possessing a firearm.

Federal prosecutors stated that Adams qualified as an armed career criminal because of his lengthy criminal history involving felony drug offenses. His prior convictions included one conviction for possession with intent to distribute marijuana and five separate convictions for possession with intent to distribute cocaine.

Authorities said the case was investigated by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives with assistance from the Little Rock Police Department.

Assistant United States Attorney Reese Lancaster prosecuted the case on behalf of the federal government.

The sentencing closes another federal firearm case involving repeat offenders with extensive criminal records, as federal authorities continue targeting illegal firearm possession tied to convicted felons and drug-related crimes across Arkansas.

Written By

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement

More news

Arkansas news

West Memphis, Arkansas – Arkansas Attorney General Tim Griffin announced a major settlement with Family Dollar and Dollar Tree entities tied to a rat-infested...

Pine Bluff news

Pine Bluff, Arkansas – People looking to improve their sewing abilities and create a handmade project will soon have the chance to take part in...

Crime news

Pine Bluff, Arkansas – A man accused of shooting at a woman and her young son in Pine Bluff was taken into custody after...

Arkansas news

Beebe, Arkansas – A casual decision to buy a Powerball ticket turned into a life-changing moment for one Arkansas resident after a Beebe player won...

Pine Bluff Today is online local newspaper that covers breaking daily local news and events about the city of Pine Bluff in Arkansas. From local city council meetings, to crime news and other community happenings and news, Pine Bluff Today has you covered.

Copyright © 2025 Pine Bluff Today